Frequently Asked Questions
What do I get when I hire an e-bike?
With your bike hire you get to use:
- A helmet to keep it legal
- Bike lock and chain
- Head and tail lights on the bike
- Robust bike stand
- Baskets on the Kalkhoff bikes and carry racks on the Focus Aventura bikes
Panniers can be hired to carry extra things such as your picnic hamper or shopping.
What should I bring along for my ride?
Bring along the following for your ride:
- Footwear must be suitable with enclosed toes – no bare feet or thongs
- Clothing suitable for the forecast weather
- A water-bottle to keep hydrated
- Block-out to slip slop slap
- A hat for when you aren’t riding
- Your camera for lots of photos
- Your mobile phone to let us know if you need advice, assistance or will be delayed
- The bike hire includes a helmet – of course you can bring your own
- Some form of photo identification such as your driver’s license
- Your credit or debit card if you haven’t already paid
- The Kalkhoff bikes (XS, S, M, L) all include a basket for your things. The Focus (XL) bikes don’t have a basket so you might want a backpack or panniers are available to hire
What hire durations are available?
Hire duration can be half day, full day, 24 hour, 2 days, 3 days etc. See the Home page for hire charges.
Want to hire for more than seven days, please contact us.
Where do I pick up and drop off my bike?
We deliver or collect anywhere on the Bellarine. The delivery charge is distance-based, see the Home page for delivery charges.
What happens if I get a puncture or break down?
Call us immediately (0439 285 825) and we will make every endeavor to get you back on your way as soon as possible.
Is there an age or size limit to hire?
Riders must be 18 or over (sorry kids). We have adult XS, S, M, L and XL bikes so should be able to accommodate adult sizes.
How far does the battery last?
The range of the bikes should be at least 60km but will likely be more depending on a number of factors including:
- What boost you are using – the Eco setting assists you the least but the battery lasts the longest
- The terrain of the ride – hilly terrain will use more battery
- The wind – a head wind will use more battery and tail wind will use less
We have a couple of batteries with 50% extra capacity available if need be.
Where can I ride the e-bike?
You can ride your e-bike on public roads, rail trails and public spaces in accord with local regulations, road rules and the law.
PLEASE do not ride on the beach or in water. E-bikes are precision machines that sand, salt and water will destroy. You will be charged for dismantling and cleaning or replacement.
What happens if an e-bike is damaged or stolen whilst I have hired it?
You are fully responsible for the equipment hired. In the unfortunate circumstance where there has been any damage or loss of a bike during the hire, your card will be charged for any repairs or replacement.
Fair wear such as a flat tyre is excluded.
Who can hire e-bikes from Bella?
All riders must:
- be 18 years old or over
- know how to ride a bicycle
- know the road rules
What if it rains?
Minor weather is to be expected from time to time and should prepared for with suitable attire. If you are caught in rain during your ride there is the option to call us to arrange a lift.
In the event of severe rain or wind the booking can be rescheduled or a credit note issued for later use.
What if I cancel my booking?
Cancellation policy is:
- Less than 7 days notice 50% refund
- Less than 3 days notice no refund.